Sunday, November 3, 2013

Odds and Ends...

This next week is kind f an odd week for my theme and things.  We are finished with Halloween and pumpkins, but it's too early to start thanksgiving, so we are going to be doing some odds and ends projects.  I have a few left over scarecrow projects and fall activities, but I really don't have many creative ideas... anyone out there have anything for me this week?
Here are some things from the past couple of weeks that went well:
Some simple fall décor:



Paint a paper plate orange, add a leaf and stem and you're finished!
 
This is a simple pumpkin shape project that we made.  It's a 5x6" rectangle for the orange pumpkin 2x1" stem and a 2x3" green leaf.  I gave them a black strip of paper to make their own face.  Some of them were interesting, but I forgot to take a picture before I sent them home with the students.



Leaf wind socks.  I just cut construction paper in half long ways for the base.  The strips are 1" by about 4" because I'm tall and don't like hitting my head on them all day.  There are tons of leaf patterns to color and cut in google images.
 
This is another shape art project.  We read 5 little pumpkins and then acted out the story.  We also did a youtube video of the story which the kids loved.

 
Here's the youtube video:
 
From a couple of weeks ago you can see our Mrs. Wishy Washy bulletin board.  We colored and cut out animals, then we added "mud" by mixing brown paint and shaving cream.  It dries fluffy like mud and the kids loved it.

 
Going along with our farm unit a couple of weeks ago we graphed our favorite farm animals.  I like to always asks the students "what can you tell me about the graph" and then record what they tell me. 

 
For the letter Pp we made our own pizzas!  This is one of my favorite projects.  The students each made their own paper plate pizza with their favorite pizza toppings.  We then graphed as a class which toppings they liked on their pizza.  They loved this project as much as I do, and it's a great bulletin board when you're finished!

 
With our fall unit we did spider color graphing.  Each student has their own graph at their desks and take turns coming up to pick out a spider.   You can click the image below to get the worksheet.

 
this is something from the Mrs. Ricca pack that I posted about earlier. 

 
And this is a super easy center that the students were amazed by.  You can print any type of image and then trace over them with puff paint.  They will then turn into stencils great for rubbings.  We did real rubbings as well with leaves we found outside, but these seem to show up better and the students were amazed.

 
Here are some of my fall products in the TPT store:
 

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Fall-Autumn-Math-and-Literacy-Centers-848363

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Fall-Count-the-Room-Math-Center-876781

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Fall-Tally-Mark-Count-Math-Center-876798

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Fall-Autumn-Write-the-Room-841958

 photo sihnatureagain_zps9d307b1b.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment